Feel weird saying it, but Roberts looks sharp in that Orioles cap, even if it's not Philly pinstripes. Let's warm up my dice-rolling hand!
- 1951 Bowman #46 George Kell: The Dimwit
- 1957 Topps #25 Whitey Ford: Jason
- 1959 Topps #408 Luis Aparicio / Nellie Fox: Matt (Tenets of Wisdom)
- 1960 Topps #1 Early Wynn: FISHLEGBOOTS
- 1961 Fleer #57 Heinie Manush: Rhubarb Runner
- 1961 Topps #380 Minnie Minoso (*): BA Benny
- 1961 Topps #440 Luis Aparicio: Josh D
- 1963 Topps #125 Robin Roberts: Mark A
- 1964 Topps #38 Harmon Killebrew: Reds Card Collector
- 1964 Topps #342 Willie Stargell: Mariner1
- 1969 Topps #410 Al Kaline: The Diamond King
- 1971 Topps #50 Willie McCovey (*): arpsmith
Let's explain the asterisks. First, Minoso is a member of the Hispanic Baseball Hall of Fame, but makes for a terrific baseball card, so couldn't leave him out.
Second, I originally rolled up arpsmith and Mariner1 near their favorite players, so swapped in a 1971 McCovey and (ideally) made them both happy.
Winners, please email me (glidden period matthew at the gmail) with your address for card delivery! Thanks again to everyone for reading and look forward to more giveaways soon.
Congrats everybody... else!! LOL
That is 1 sharp looking Roberts. I don't think I've seen a bad photo of him. the way the Phils are currently playing, I'm not surprised he doesn't want to be seen in Red Pin Stripes!!
I have just one question to ask: HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS CONTEST!?!? It has the two things I look for in a contest. One - you get things by doing almost absolutely nothing at all. And two - the card on the header of the post feature a man with the furrowed brow, teasing and taunting you to try and knock the bird off his head.
Better luck to both of you in the next one! :-)
Matthew, thanks for the RobRob. And hosting the contest. And a great blog.
Thanks again for the contest prizes, Matthew!
Post a Comment