Card fronts all feature unadorned black-and-white photos. Print quality varies by original picture, though my scanner gave Dizzy a name-appropriate haze the card doesn't actually have.
The backs include stats from 1941 to 1945 and give a "*" to league leaders, like 1944 ERA champ Dizzy. Want to win some sports bar bets? Ask who did better in any of these career stats, Trout or Dean.
- Wins: Trout 170, Dean 150
- Strikeouts: Trout 1256, Dean 1163
- Shutouts: Trout 28, Dean 26
- 10+ win seasons: Trout 9, Dean 6
- Seasons led league in ERA+: Trout 1, Dean 0
"The War Years" complete sets can cost $50 or more, an annoyance for something rarely sought by collectors. Individual cards should be $2 or less, though will vary by seller. (I picked up Mr. Trout a while ago on Beckett marketplace.)