- Didi Gregorius, Reds SS (Greg Z)
- Brian Omogrosso, White Sox P (gcrl)
- Jeurys Familia, Mets P (Don)
- Adeiny Hechavarria, Blue Jays INF (Buckstorecards)
- Rougned Odor, Rangers minor league INF (Angels In Order)
- Miguel Socolovich, Cubs P (Nick)
- Adron Chambers, Cardinals OF (Madding)
- Jurickson Profar, Rangers INF (Night Owl) -- a man of in-game strategy!
- Xavier Avery, Orioles LF (Jeff)
- Brock Holt, Pirates 2B (Robert)
- Chuck Fick, Astros P (The Dimwit)
- Yusmeiro Petit, 6'1", 250-pound Diamondbacks P (Chunter)
- Al Alburquerque, Tigers P (High-Five Man)
- Tanner Scheppers, Rangers P (Mad Guru)
Every one of these entries meets or exceeds my personal baseball name standard-bearer, Biff Schlitzer.
In awarding prizes, I disqualified three (in italics) for being either not rookies (Petit and Alburquerque) or not in the bigs (Odor). They're still winners in My Book of Winners, just not winners in My Book of This Contest. :-(
Top 5 Winners in My Book of This Contest
- Didi Gregorious, which multiple people (deservedly) wanted to choose
- Adieny Hechavarria, which got bonus points for the lineup backstory
- Adron Chambers, who sounds like a Victorian-era action hero
- Jurickson Profar, who I've nicknamed "Jurickson Profar Blondes" (tm) (lol)
- Tanner Scheppers, which should also be a beer
Greg Z, Buckstorecards, Madding, Night Owl, Mad Guru: send your preferred vintage team and mailing address to glidden period matthew at gmail! Thanks to all for reading and kicking in so many great names.